Monday, November 9, 2009

Aye, my wee trip oot and aboot in bonny Scotland ;)

me and my friend holly at Loch Ness
me and the bridge used in harry potter (eat your heart out lucy!!)
a cool show, got to see original weapons and examples of clothing worn ages ago by the highlanders
LOOOCCHHH NEESSSS!!! (we did a war dance but nessie didnt come, one of us 'didnt believe' apparentaly. haha.
at YWAM, can't remember her name but she was so nice and so crazy!!
the Seamill beach, pretty gross really, lots of bottles and plates even all smashed up, beautiful water though and view of the islands in the distance.
Heyyyy...wow it's been a little while i know. but i've been horrifically busy! I’m now in Ireland after a week back in England and am going on another tour tomorrow...!
Scotland was awesome. The YWAM stay was really good, very wet though :( The people were pretty cool and all around my age and so passionate to serve God and share the Good News with people, so great. I got my own room there and food for an fraction of what I’d have to pay a day somewhere else so I was so blessed with that. After a couple of days there I (somehow) made it from YWAM base in Seamill (hour out from glascow near the sea) to Edinburgh for my “haggis’ tour.The accents were fantastic (though one of our tour guides looked and sounded like Jamie Oliver and wasn’t Scottish, none of the tour were Scottish and all the people at the YWAM base were American lol). Nearly the whole bus of 40 people were Aussies, which was lots of fun. We saw many castles, many hills, some ‘hairy coos’ (highland cows), heard some splendid live music, tasted some whisky (horrid! Everyone else was really excited though) went to a lot of pubs (!) got very wet and caught in the rain, saw waterfalls with salmon trying to make their way up stream (poor things), and brought a ‘wild and sexy Scotland’ t-shirt, coz it was wild and very sexy ;)
i really love you all, hope everything's ok and everyone's surving
can't wait to see your beautiful smiling faces soon
all my love, hugs and giraffes
sofie xoooxxooxox
ps. didn't find a man in scotland, so i'm hanging out for Ireland now!! hehe.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

    i LOVE the shirt! hahahahah hilarous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wiat to see if you actualy wear it here :P hahah

    awwwwww sofieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how funnnnn!!!! WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    i love you my seeker of the adventure!!!

    :D :D xo

    ReplyDelete