Thursday, October 22, 2009

To England....and Beyond!!!

those famous telephone boxes!
the countryside
my cousin and uncle!!! (ruth and john)
me and joyce :) she's so cool
the winndddmillll....hehe creepy ;)
Hello to family and friends, greetings from the UK!
I’M NOW IN....ENGLAND! It’s dead exciting and the beautiful accents and countryside and being in Blackpool (yes belle....Blackpool!! argh!) is somewhat overwhelming. I’m off to Scotland tomorrow and I’m not going to have time to answer your lovely emails till after I come back so I thought I’d write this quick blog post just to keep you up to date. So far I’ve been to Lancaster, Blackpool, the Lake District and all around Lancashire and St. Annes in Lytham which is where I’m staying with my ‘aunty’ (family friend) Joyce (she’s awesome...the coolest over 70 year old I’ve ever met). My actual uncle John also got in contact when he heard I was here so I’ve met him and two of my cousins which is just incredible coz I didn’t think I’d get to meet any of my family. But it turns out they really wanted to see me and John is really lovely. Generosity and kindness just comes so naturally to him and he’s treated me to some awesome pub lunches and showed me around the beautiful green rolling hills and countryside that surrounds the place I’m staying in. It feels very special to be in the place and see the houses where my Dad lived and grew up and where my parents came when they were here with me when I was one.
It has been incredible weather, today being another sunny blue sky day, it should be raining, but I’m certainly not complaining, hopefully it’ll hold out for Scotland. I’m really having a fantastic time, everyone speaking English is fantastic and I love watching the English telly :)
To everyone at home, I love and miss you all and really hope that life is great, if not then pop over to England and I’ll try and cheer you up :D hehe.
Hugs and giraffesSofiexoxoox

3 comments:

  1. "if not then pop over to England"

    Ooooh, is that an invite???

    *hops on next plane*...
    ;)

    *hugs*
    Auntie Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh please do, that'll be awesome!! hah but i'm in scotland now so you'll have to come there lol love youuuu!!!!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darling! Is the row of phone boxes in Blackpool outside the General Post Office (Bond St. I think).
    Its so good to see the phots, and we are hoping that Scotland is going well for you. Miss you loads.
    D

    ReplyDelete