Monday, September 21, 2009

Winter is Coming!!

Hey all :) ‘Ein Bissen’ update for ya. Three more people have joined our household. Jessie – a girl from Peru that stayed with the Lomps a couple of years ago on exchange and is now studying in Germany and needed somewhere to stay till she finds a room. Eleanor and Sophie – rachel’s host mum and sister from Australia have also come just a few days ago. Helmut is still away so there’s now 6 women in the house! I’ve been to Heilelberg with Jessie to book her into her school. It’s a really beautiful place but we got lost (of course) didn’t stay long. I’ll go back later with Eleanor and Sophie to the Autumn markets. I went on a trip to Mainz near Frankfurt. The ‘tour’ was advertised in the paper and Eva said it’d be good for me to go. It was ALL old people, but the bus was heaps comfortable (better than our one for the 24 hour bus trip to Sweden!) and while putting in my form we’d met some people who were going and Eva asked them to look after me, so it was nice to know a few people. We visited the ‘parliament house’ and sat where all the politicians sit and debate and stuff. It was a really beautiful building. I then went off by myself and found the ‘Dom’ which was awesome and this church with these incredible windows inside. That was nice just wondering around and trying to follow the map. Though (I’m realllyyyy sorry lucy) i left my favourite scarf on the bus L I haven’t lost anything else yet and I’m hoping that’ll be the last!! Since Eleanor and Sophie came we’ve been on a hike up to this old castle and then the next day there was a ‘food and wine’ festival. You walk around the whole day just going to station to station and eating and drinking, was great. And it was in the middle of all the vineyards and the mountains in the distance and was perfect weather. *sigh* Now though, i am in bed at 1pm typing this coz I’ve got a sore throat, headache and running nose *sigh* L I’m missing out on going to Bamberg then Nuernberg and then Augsburg (!!) with Eleanor and Sophie for a few days which I’m heaps annoyed about coz I put off going places so I could go with them when they came!! Gahhh... Getting sick was bound to happen sometime though, just hope I’ll be all better for Paris! What’s happening in Adelaide? Anything at all exciting? Haha. Love and missing you all!! Sofiexoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. you left my scarf...? :(
    i was so looking forward to wearing it in england on my adventure.
    you sod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry lucy :( i'll get you one from germany, what colour do ya want? xx

    ReplyDelete